Last Flight of Isoroku Yamamoto (Offline Mission)
Last Flight of Isoroku Yamamoto is an offline mission package created by soda72.
- 1 Scenario
- 2 Missions
- 3 Map
- 4 Aircraft
- 5 Download link
- 6 Installation instructions
- 7 See also
On April 18, 1943 during the Solomon Islands campaign in the Pacific Theater of World War II.
Japanese admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, commander of the Combined Fleet of the Imperial Japanese Navy, was killed on Bougainville Island when his transport bomber aircraft was shot down by U.S. Army fighter aircraft operating from Henderson Field on Guadalcanal.
The package contains two missions:
Mission: Fly Yamamoto to Ballale airfield
- flight I - carrying Isoroku Yamamoto
- flight II - carrying chief of staff, Admiral Ugaki
Escort Yamamoto flights(A6M5b)
- 3 Mitsubishi A6M Zero fighters of the 204th Kokutai NAU Flight I
- 3 Mitsubishi A6M Zero fighters of the 204th Kokutai NAU Flight II
Mission: Intercept Yamamoto flight to Ballale Airfield
U.S. Army's 339th Fighter Squadron of the 347th Fighter Group, Thirteenth Air Force
- 4x P-38G 339th Fighter Squadron Flight I
- 4x P-38G 339th Fighter Squadron Flight II
- 2x P-38G 339th Fighter Squadron Flight III (killer)
- 4x P-38G 339th Fighter Squadron Flight IV
These missions requires the avasolm1 map, which is included with the zip file.
- Terrain: copy the avasolm1.res file to your C:/Program Files/HTC/Aces High II/ahiiterr folder.
- Mission file: copy the yamdth.mis file into your C:/Program Files/HTC/Aces High II/offmiss folder.
- As with any offline mission, run Aces High, choose the terrain first (avasolm1), then go to Offline Practice and select Practice Missions. You will then see the missions available, with various options.
- List of offline missions on the Offline Missions page.